Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ACT IN 3 DAYS OR LESS

I spent most of today reflecting on learnings from the past few years and planning for the future- both personally and professionally. I still feel like I could use another day or two to finalize some things and I know I'll have to revisit these decisions every week to keep them going... but I at least got the ball rolling I believe.

One of the things I did was go over some notes from previous leadership summits. In so doing, I ran across this quote from Jack Groppel at the '05 summit.

"If you experience something that moves or motivates or challenges you… you have 3 days to put some action to it, or you’ll likely have done nothing at all a year later."

Um... so I have good news and bad news:

GOOD NEWS: I started to do something with this years teaching and I'm putting action to it within the 3 day window.

BAD NEWS: It took me 2 years of doing virtually nothing with a lot of stuff to figure out Jack was right. I suck!

0 comments:

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP