Saturday, March 08, 2008

DITCHERS

Last Monday I took my kids and some of their friends and ditched school to go see the saber tooth cats and mammoths and other stuff from the ice age in down town Los Angeles at the La Brea Tarpits. Who knew that we had saber tooth tigers and Elephants roaming in LA before it was LA and that we would eventually find their bones in a tarpit in the park. Crazy. You never know when you go to a museum what your kids are really going to think, but I figured with a tiger with 12" teeth and tar and stuff I had a good chance of them liking it. I wasn't too sure though until Tyler told his mom (who had to work and didn't go) that he wanted to take his friends for his birthday. Guess that means he thought it was fun.


On another level, these things make we wonder about the age of the earth, my view of creation, and the ebb and flow of the temperature of this globe through history.

1 comments:

Maybe I'm Amazed 10:59 PM  

Wow, you are a cool Dad.
I remember going to the tarpits when I was a kid living in L.A., and when we went about 5 or 6 years ago, I was amazed that there was still tar coming up through the soil and grass in the park.

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP