Thursday, June 07, 2007

THINKING

I've been thinking.

About my job as youth pastor and my life as a Jesus follower.

A lot.

I still struggle with my value and worth and ability to build something that builds someone that God is proud to call his own.

I get glimpses where I think we're doing that.

I have other days where I wonder.

Right now. 2 school years here are under my belt.

As I enter this summer. Here's what I think:

  • year one was about discovering my job in a new context. I felt like a worker.
  • year two was a lot of doing my job. I felt like a manager.
  • year three is going to be about re-thinking and re-writing my job. I think some changes are coming as to how and when and where and what I do in youth ministry. I pray that those are Kingdom focused and Jesus led. I also pray they will be joy-filled, passionate, visionary, and gutsy. I want to feel like a dreamer. That's really who I am.
Hold on kids. I think we might go for a ride.

0 comments:

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP