Sunday, June 04, 2006

DESERT HIKE



I spent the week in Palm Springs with my wife courtesy of our church. 2 days with our church staff. 2 days by ourselves. 2 days at a our church's marriage retreat. It was amazing. And it was 112 degrees. Yep. 112. I could have fried an egg on the hood of my car. Easily.

On day 2 of our time by ourselves, I tried to convince my wife to go with me on a hike in the morning. She said nope and looked at me like I was sick in the head. So did all my friends I tried to get to go with me. So, I went by myself. My bride stayed at the Westin and enjoyed a lazy morning and read an such. I went hiking in a desert canyon oasis by myself. All by myself.

So I hiked on an indian reservation on a 2 mile trek until a sign said the trail ended. But there was so much more climbing to do so I ignored the sign and went off trail. Then I found a waterfall and a secluded pool. So I read Blue like Jazz for a while and then I read Psalm 63 and then I relaxed for a while and then I went skinny dippin.

Maybe next year I'll convince the wife to go. That would be fun. If so, I won't be posting that. Here's the full photo set of my hike surroundings.

1 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece 8:51 PM  

This post is sweet and gross at the same time. I just read Blue Like Jazz today. Let's talk about it on Wednesday. You're the man! (Except when you're skinny dipping!)

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP