Tuesday, June 13, 2006

BETTER WAY

I think these lyrics by Ben Harper are profound.

"I'm a living sunset
Lightning in my bones
Push me to the edge
But my will is stone

Fools will be fools
And wise will be wise
But I will look this world
Straight in the eyes

What good is a man
Who won't take a stand
What good is a cynic
With no better plan

Reality is sharp
It cuts at me like a knife
Everyone I know
Is in the fight of their life

Take your face out of your hands
And clear your eyes
You have a right to your dreams
And don't be denied

I believe in a better way"

The VIDEO is amazing! I love his voice and facial features- I really believe he believes what he's singing- especially when he screams "fight of their life."

I really like this song cuz I've been stewing for the last few days about how a Christ-centered view of the world is a positive view... It's filled with hope but it's not naive. I love that. I'm not very good at that. I sometimes think optimists are not realists. I think Jesus was both. Sometimes I have a hard time being positive if the reality is the poop just hit the fan.

For me, seeing hope in the world is only possible when I see it and myself through the eyes of the Creator. I need Jesus' perspective on the world. I need to remember John 16:33. " In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, for I have overcome the world."

1 comments:

marko 4:13 PM  

mmmmm, i do love the ben harper music. have every single one of his CDs.

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP