Friday, January 07, 2011

SO FAR, SO GOOD

Well, try and hold back your enthusiasm.  But 7 days into 2011, i've managed to hold onto several of my resolutions.  So far, so good.

  • MONEY STUFF: Every day so far I've entered our daily expenses into my family budget.  This is amazing cuz I didn't do it at all for the last 4 months.  I also started a monthly automatic withdrawl for my tithe at church cuz I kept getting to church without my checkbook in the Friday service Shannon and I attend.  I've resisted this forever since it seems to take away the act of actually giving when it becomes automatic... but at this point, it will keep me from letting it pile up for too many months.
  • EXERCISE:  I ran on my treadmill or elliptical for at least 25 minutes every day this week. 
  • SLEEP:  I actually got at least 5 hours of sleep a night. Usually closer to 7, but no less than 5. 
  • READING: I kept up with my Bible reading plan every day. 
  • BLOG: I updated this thing daily.
Welp, there ya go.  I know. Amazing.  Next week I'm going to try and do the above again plus:
  • READ... not just my Bible everyday, but add a few blogs and a section of some other books back into my reading habit.
  • SAY NO... to anything not in my job description.  Wish me luck. 
  • PLAN... some time to do my tasks and refuse to schedule a meeting with anyone in that slot.


0 comments:

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP