Thursday, October 02, 2008


I was listening to a podcast today on the way home from L.A. and it was an interview with leadership/consultant/author/guru: Patrick Lencioni.

He had 3 things to say about leading people that were great reminders (my words, his points) as I work to lead well in my ministry:

  • People do not live for recognition, but they cannot live without it.
  • My leadership take away: write and speak words of encouragement and appreciation often.
  • People need to know their lives matter above their jobs- even if it is a volunteer job.
  • My leadership take away: make sure I rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. The more I care for them, the more they will feel empowered to care for others.
  • People need to have some measurable results they can celebrate.
  • My leadership take away: help volunteers develop measurable baby steps in our ministry and celebrate them when they are achieved.



My Photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by 2008

Back to TOP