Thursday, October 09, 2008


Tyler: "Dad, can I eat a plum with dinner?"

Me: "Sure".

Tyler (midway through dinner): "Dad, I don't want this peach, it tastes weird."

Me: "It's not a peach, it's a plum, and eat it. You asked to have it, so you're going to finish it."

Tyler: looks at me like I just told him to eat brussel sprouts, starts eating, screams and drops the plum.

Me: "What is your problem?"

Tyler: "There's a worm in it."

Me: "Let me see that... yep. Sure enough, that's some kinda larva worm."

Gross. Evidently the kid was right. It probably did taste nasty.

Me: "Good news Tyler: It's still whole."

I should trust Tyler more. The last 2 times I've poured sour milk into cereal without watching, he was the first one to notice something was wrong. Jake- the skinny little runt of our family- just straight pounds it. Maybe Tyler will be some kind of food judge one day.



My Photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by 2008

Back to TOP