Sunday, May 04, 2008

MOVIE MARATHON


I'm not much of a TV or movie watcher. But one of the traditions here at journey is to do a series of messages called "God at the Movies." Several years ago the main service did it for the adults and it went over so well, that it's become a tradition that has spilled over into other ministries on the campus too. It's different movies, but the same concept. We take hollywood films and use them as the stage from which we go searching for God. Basically, we look to see where we can find an intersection of God in the frames of the cinema.... it's really pretty cool. So, we polled our student leadership team, and of the 5 movies they'd picked, I only had seen one- I am legend. So between high school and main, I've got lots of movies to catch up on.

Here's the line up for high school which we kicked of this morning- went super good with a live cover of the song "Anyone Else But You" by the Moldy Peaches. So good.

May 4: JUNO

May 11: BOURNE ULTIMATUM

May 18: DAN IN REAL LIFE.

May 25: I AM LEGEND

JUNE 1: ENCHANTED

The movies I need to watch for main I just found out have some overlap, so that's gonna save me some movie time.

May 18: JUNO

May 25: 3:10 TO YUMA

June 1: THE KITE RUNNER

June 8: AMAZING GRACE

June 22: I AM LEGEND

June 29: ENCHANTED.

0 comments:

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP