HOW DO YOU BUDGET YOUR TIME, OR WHAT DOES THE AVERAGE WEEK LOOK LIKE FOR YOU.
1. Let's not talk about my average week. Depending on the season, it's stupid. ha ha. pray for me. Some days I should be asking you this question, not writing about it. Ok fine, most days.
2. Here's kinda how it works for an average week for me (i.e. not christmas, spring break, summer, or soccer coaching in the fall). Hence the word "kinda"...
- Monday: off work. I take Becky, Billy, and Jake all to one-on-one meetings with me.
- Tuesday: Direct report meetings, meetings with exec team, prayer meetings as a staff. Meetings, meetings, and more meetings.
- Wednesday: Breakfast with my son TJ, High School Pastor stuff. Small groups that night.
- Thursday: Breakfast with my son Tyler, message writing, doing stuff I need to do to get ahead of my team and that I can't get done in meetings, and seminary that night.
- Friday: Final message prep, meetings with volunteers, dinner out with family, church that night.
- Saturday: off. At night, I look over and review my prep for high school the next morning.
- Sunday: High School Ministry in the morning, volunteer and student meetings in the afternoon, play indoor soccer at night.
I wrote a ton about it in the first 1/3 of As for Me and My Crazy House, so I'll shamelessly plug it here.
If you're wondering how to pull this "balance thing" off and take care of you, your marriage, your family, and your ministry... well you can join me in the crazy and give it a quick read. Hopefully you'll find a kindred spirit as you read.