Thursday, April 07, 2011

HEY NOR CAL MEN, LET'S ROLL

I made a decision to follow Jesus as a freshmen in high school at Neighborhood Church in Castro Valley. I then eventually married my high school sweetheart who also went to Omega, the youth group there that literally taught me what a real youth ministry looked like.  I am who I am today because of the seeds God planted through that church in my life.

I then was 21 when I spoke at a water ski trip for a church in Fremont via a referral from my old youth pastor, Mark Tyler.  That led to my first full time youth ministry position where I stayed for 11 years.


Now, 25 years after I first stepped foot in Omega, I'm headed back to join old friends, my old youth pastor, and a great mens ministry led by an amazing friend for a retreat at Alliance Redwoods on May 20-22, 2011.  I'm stoked to return to the conference grounds where I've spent a decade of my life running a week of summer camp and to teach on some stuff I'm passionate about and can't wait to see men grab hold of.  Dang, I can't wait.

So, if you live in nor cal or within driving distance of Alliance Redwoods, are a man in high school or older, then you should join me.

0 comments:

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP