Monday, August 03, 2009

CRAZY IMPROV STREET WIDE SLEEPOVER

TJ AND TYLER: "Dad, can we have a sleep over with Wyatt and Garrett in the fort?"

ME: "Sure."

30 seconds later....

BILLY: "Dad, we are going to sleep outside?"

ME:  "TJ and Tyler are sleeping outside.  You can sleep in their loft with Jake though".

BILLY: "OK. (takes off running)"

30 seconds later....

BECKY: "Dad, can I sleep outside?"

ME: "No, but you can ask Molly if she wants to come sleep with you in your bed."

BECKY: "OK... takes off running."

30 seconds later....

JAKE: "Dad, TJ and Tyler are having friends over and Becky is having a friend over and we don't get to... all Billy and I get to do is sleep in TJ's and Tyler's bed.  I don't want to sleep in their bed. Why can't we have a friend?"

ME: "Um, ok... let me call Ricky and Joey and see if they want to come"

30 seconds later....

ME: "Jake, their mom said yes.  Go out in the street and wait for them to come up."


5 minutes later after I come to my senses....


ME:  "What did I just do?  We now have EVERY kid from our street spending the night in our house and our 5 kids just literally doubled.  I must be crazy!"


So 10 kids played Wii while I popped popcorn, then 6 little ones stayed inside and watched a movie and eat popcorn and popsicles while the 4 older ones went into the fort to watch a movie on the portable dvd player, eat popcorn, and plot how to take over the world.

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY SLEEP OVER.




1 comments:

wtrmrk 1:58 PM  

That is sooo cool! Some day when your kids are teens, all their friends will want to hang out at your house instead of the other way around! :-)

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP