Thursday, June 05, 2008

WRITING, WRITING, WRITING

Lately I've been doing a lot of writing. I have 2 bible studies I've been working on till the wee hours of the morning this week and a seminary project that is due.

Two other writings have recently posted to Simply's site. The first is a series of Bible Studies I've taught twice in my own youth ministry. It's really about developing a mentoring mindset- both in you and in your relationships around you. I think this study is the one that I've written so far that I'm most excited about.

It's called "Coach Me"


I'm also in the process of planning our 08/09 school year and in the midst of that, I wrote a little article that posted here. If you're a youth pastor, you might find a idea or two worth stealing. Which by the way, if you have an idea or two I can steal, hook a brother up!

(Side note, the editor made a correction on this one that kinda bugs me. I have these two types of messages series I think through when planning my teaching calendar. One I call a "Felt Need" and the other I call a "Spirit Lead". There's a play on words there that is a memory tool- among other things. Anyway, the editor changed it to "Spirit Led" which did two things. #1. It took away the parallel language rhyme. #2. It makes it sound like the "felt need" stuff I did on my own, the "Spirit Led" stuff is what God wanted me to do. It's the first time that I've re-read the article after it was edited and then posted and went, "Ugh.... I don't like that change.")

3 comments:

Mike Lovato 12:49 PM  

yeah, it just doesn't read right when you see it the new way in the article.

Anonymous,  1:01 PM  

Can I get a free copy? Hook a poor youth pastor brother up! Good to talk to you this week, bro.

brian c. berry 1:11 PM  

Max my man. It's a measly $12. Fast for dinner and you'll have found an instant $12. I bet you can find $12 in the couch. I bet you can beat up one of your students and steal $12 out of his lunch box.

If it was mine to send... I'd shoot it to you for free. But I sold my soul to the man. Trust me, my soul evidently is cheap.

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP