Monday, April 23, 2007

3 CHEERS FOR CANON

Last weekend, while in the desert, my canon powershot sd400 camera was in my pocket on the last day. I'm still not sure how, but sometime Sunday morning it evidently got hit. When I went to go take our group photo, I could not use the LCD to take the shot because it was broken. I was bummed. I really enjoy this camera and just bought a waterproof case for underwater shots and it's no longer in production.

So, when I got home, I surfed the web a little and found some info. I called Canon and they said it was $107 and explained to me the process to get it back in 2 weeks.

Since the replacement on a new camera was considerably more than that, I decided to send it in. I next day aired it to them on last Monday. Upon arrival, they said they would examine it and call me with a specific quote. However, I did not hear back all week.... so on Friday, I called to see what was up.

That's when I found out the news. They said they repaired it for FREE!!!! Go figure. I waited to post about it until I saw it with my own 2 eyes. And, it arrived in the mail today. One week to the day later.

Here's what the paperwork said: "We have examined your equipment for the service you requested.... As part of Canon's commitment to its customers, you can be assured that your equipment has been returned to Factory Specifications.... cost $0. Shipping. $0"

This is double amazing because I bought it "nearly new" almost a year ago off ebay. I don't even have a factory receipt or purchase date or anything. They repaired it for free, no questions asked on an item their technician's paperwork says "the display panel had suffered some kind of shock damage and the LCD panel was cracked." They don't even claim it was a product defect and I told them on the phone, that I thought I had cracked it somehow.... but I couldn't say how.

GO FIGURE. WOW. THANKS CANON. YOU WON A LOYAL CUSTOMER.

1 comments:

Jackson 9:51 AM  

I really need this upcoming summer break from seminary. Upon seeing the title of your post I thought you were going to expound on how wonderful the bible is.

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP