Sunday, May 14, 2006

CHEERS TO MOMS



We went on a harbor cruise today in San Diego Bay with my wife and her parents after church. I ate way too much. I really tested the "all you can eat buffet" idea. I laughed at Jake a lot. He was on a first name basis with the Captain after his 500th question to the poor guy. They have an "open cabin" policy and you can come in and say hi and watch while he drives the boat. That policy surely will be changing now that Jake torchered the guy with 3 1/2 year old questions. But I think the funniest thing was the way he wanted to toast everyone and how he grabbed his sparkling cider with such zeal. He really likes to say CHEERS!

So Cheers to mom and your mom. Jake and I raise our glass to Mom's everywhere who love kids unconditionally and who give selflessly. You are a rarity. Trust me. I work with some high school students who can tell some stories to prove it. Today I met one whose mom left him when he was 2. You are a rarity. Thanks Mom.

You can see the whole family picture set here

0 comments:

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP