Monday, May 15, 2006

BILLS SUCKOLA

I spent much of today paying bills at work. I hate bills. It's not that I hate cutting checks- like I should get stuff for free or something (though that would be awesome) ... It is just that I hate this piece of youth ministry and family administration. I hate this part of my job. I hate this part of my life. I hate balancing my checkbook. I even do most of it online so that it is as simple as possible. No stamps. No checks.... but I still HATE it. If I was rich, I'd hire an accountant before a gardener.

Everytime I try to give this job away at work, it comes back to me. I had a volunteer at my last church who did this for me. She asked about it and was on top of when the bills were due. She came in every week to get it done. I handed it to her, she did it, and I just signed the request. That was about it. Since I no longer have her to tally up my bills and I don't have an admin assistant and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to find a volunteer to OWN this area of my life.... well, now I spend hours doing it myself- and sadly- I also spend money on last minute fees to rush junk cuz I HATE this... but maybe I already said that. AHHH!

I'm going to go to bed now and dream I'm rich enough to hire a big fancy money man.

0 comments:

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP