YES! I'm so glad.
Here's what you need to know if you wanna volunteer in our student ministries... [besides the fact that WE ARE SO EXCITED to hear this and besides the fact that we NEED YOU] you should also know that:
YES IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME AND PREP. No, you don't have to do all the work yourself. We give you everything you need to prep in 30 minutes so you can spend all the rest of your minutes loving on Students and helping them study their Bible as they connect their life with God and your small group. But it does take some time and devotion to be fulfilling.
WE NEED A LITTLE COMMUNICATION.
- HOW'S IT GOING? just keep us in the loop so we can pray and help you. E-mail, txt, carrier pigeon, note pinned to your kid's shirt... u name it... we're good with it.
- TEAMWORK ROCKS... especially when you communicate with you co-leader and agree on a plan. Then communication is really quite lovely- like English tea and crumpets.
- DATABASE STUFF... we'll teach you, but it's a cool online resource we have to connect you easily with the life of your small group. Oh you're gonna love this communication tool. It's so easy a freshman can do it.
- IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT A STUDENT... especially if you think there's abuse or danger that needs professional or special attention, let us help you make the right choice. You don't have to stress or go it alone. Communicate your concerns with us.
- WITH FAMILIES... You'd be surprised how much you might understand and know how to help a student by understanding their family life. So don't hang up on mom, ask her about her day. She'll send you flowers for Christmas... I swear it's true.