Monday, July 12, 2010

CELEBRATING 16 YEARS


Shannon and I have gotten away twice a year since we have been married. Once around November for her birthday and once around June for our anniversary. Really, these are some of our best memories as a couple. This year was no different, and thanks to a whole slew of people who took on a kid or two, we managed to escape for 3 days to celebrate our 16th anniversary.

We stopped by the county fair on our way out of town and bought some fattening grub and some small miracle product- cuz if you don't- it's not really the fair.

Then this year, we hit up another new hotel we'd never been to in Newport Beach. I picked it because it was part of the "four sisters" hotel group. I think it might be on my bucket list to go to all their locations. We simply LOVE their spaces.

In Newport Beach... I went for a run on the beach. Shannon got her nails done. We ate sushi. Shannon took a bubble bath that maybe had a solid 12" of bubbles completely covering the tub; it was comical. All I heard was "oh my" and turned around to see my wife disappear in a wall of white bubbles that made my childhood bubble baths look like... well... child's play. Her learning: "maybe just half the bottle next time" :) We went to a really expensive dinner. We read some. We watched a few sunsets. We went for a bike ride down the boardwalk. We watched the Ghana/U.S. match in our room and hotel lobby. We had a great time.

Here's some pics of our 3 day date.










1 comments:

adam mclane 3:21 PM  

Congrats on 16 years. That's definitely worth celebrating. And... I'm so happy you are back to blogging.

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP