Saturday, January 24, 2009

WEDDING PLANS BEGIN

I was sitting in the guest house when we heard this loud noise coming.  Heather says, "Is that a marching band?"  I say, "yeah, sure. It's a marching band. [tongue in cheek]"  I then go outside to check.  And much to my surprise... it is and someone tells me the mayor is coming.

So I run back to get my camera.

When I arrive, just in time for the band to go by, I find out it's not the mayor- IT'S A WEDDING.

So, in honor of this experience (though I have not even officially adopted my only daughter yet)- like a good father- I have started her wedding plans. 

There will be a maching band.


A mercedes with the wedding couple's name on the plates and a big bow.

Every other identical mercedes that even exists in town will follow the bridal party with matching bows on their cars at a snails pace.

We will make a lot of noise as we go through town.  Forget the horn honking.  Marching band it is.  Only thing they were lacking was a drum major.  We will have one of those with a baton that has fire on both ends.  This I decree.


Better start saving my shillings- er dollars- now.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  9:12 AM  

Now that's a wedding! Wonder what her husband will think of it...oh who cares, you're paying right? Ha ha.

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP