I just needed to YELL!!!! Here's why:
- 2 check books stolen.
- 2 accounts canceled over the phone. 45 minutes later.
- 2 new accounts opened.
- Check card linked to wrong account.
- Wife says account has no money.
- Trip to Wells Fargo Branch- 1 1/2 hours later, problem "fixed."
- Trip to Wells Fargo Branch to re-fix problem that was not "fixed." 1 1/2 hours later problem "fixed".
- 3 letters come in the mail telling me stuff's not fixed.
- Trip to Wells Fargo Branch to figure out what's wrong. Find out they've charged me $262 in fees due to their clerical error. 1 hour later. Fees removed and problem "fixed".
- Go online to try and reconcile check book. Find out all old data from previous 7 years of checking is gone from my access.
- Call wells fargo to get it fixed.
- Find out it can't be fixed and that all closed accounts are no longer viewable online.
- Ask them to send me transactions then, because the account has been "paperless" for a while now so I can balance my checkbook. They say they can't and I have to go to a branch office to "fix it."
MORAL OF THE STORY: If someone ever jacks with your check book. Don't tell anyone. Just buy the $29 identity theft package from your local bank and go about your day. Trust me, it'll save you like 15 hours of headache and a blog post.
PS: If I find the guy who jacked my checkbook, I'm gonna punch him. I just might punch someone at Wells Fargo too. I think I'll wait a day or so before I go to the branch office. They have video cameras there ya know.
PSS: They have video cameras in the parking lot where my stuff was jacked in the first place. Video cameras are lame.
peace out. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
oh yeah.... and USAA- the ones I bragged about in an earlier post.... yeah well they haven't returned my last 3 calls. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! all over again!