Thursday, June 02, 2011

IN CELEBRATION OF FAMILY

I have been asked to write a book on balancing ministry on family life.  I had my first meeting about it today with the publisher.  I'm pretty stoked.

I can't wait to share stories of my life where I got it wrong and a few places where I things turned out right.  But the truth is, in good and bad, I really love my family.  I feel really really really blessed.  I also was reminded as we talked how deeply I really want my family to know they come first.

Here's some pictures from the latest events and my attempts to tell them as much with my time:

At a mens retreat, where I was the guest speaker and got to hang with my Dad and my oldest son TJ.   I also got to be with one of my best friends and my high school youth pastor too.  Love the generations and stories behind these pics.





At Becky and Billy's 8 year-old birthday.  Billy went to inflatable world, in-n-out burger, and to see Kung Fu Panda 2.  Becky went to the American Girl store in LA to get a doll and take her to lunch. She's super cute..








Jake played Tex in his school play.  I took my small group guys to go see him cuz it was a one night play and it was at the same time.   So myself and 5 high school guys went and watched a 3rd grade play before heading to pizza for the night.  Just trying to keep my family my top priority and modeling it with my students when I can.



Dang I'm blessed.  Love those kids.  Hope they know it.

2 comments:

Meg 9:58 AM  

Congratulations! How exciting :) Can't wait to read it!

MicheLe 7:47 PM  

Super stoked for you- and for your fam. Hope to see you guys in July. Go hug your wife for me!

About

My photo
San Diego, CA
Husband. Dad. Jesus Follower. Friend. Learner. Athlete. Soccer coach. Reader. Builder. Dreamer. Pastor. Communicator. Knucklehead.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP