To that end, I dreamed up some questions I want to answer with those I help lead. As I sent them off in an e-mail today, I realized that not only did I want them to answer them, but I wanted to answer them for myself too.
Ok... here's my quick list of 5:
- What part of your current responsibilities brings you the most joy?... like you could do it all day and be stoked.
- What part of your current responsibilities drains you?... like you could never again do it and never miss it.
- What do you think you're spending the majority of your time doing?... like what piece of your job or perceived job is taking the biggest chunk of your time- for better or for worse... draining or empowering... what takes the lion's share of your job?
- What are you currently lacking, that if I gave it to you, would solve a lot of problems that are weighing heavy on you?
- What would your dream role be in 5 years and what do we need to do to make movements towards that?